9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Getting escrow compliance right is very important to the borrower, your institution, and examiners. Compliance requirements include initial analysis and disclosure, annual disclosures, recordkeeping, and more. In addition, RESPA, TILA, and flood compliance regulations all address when escrow is required. What happens if you find shortages, surpluses, or deficiencies? Having plenty of room for human error means that penalties can add up quickly.
This webinar will review the entire escrow compliance process and reveal common mistakes and examiner citations that highlight “hot spots.” Checklists will be provided to ensure you comply with the escrow requirements and that your disclosures and statements are complete, compliant, and correct.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- When escrow applies under RESPA, TILA (for high-priced mortgages), and flood insurance rules
- Initial analysis for proper escrow amounts
- How to disclose escrow on TRID documents
- Requirements for initial disclosure as well as annual and short-year statements
- Handling shortages, surpluses, or deficiencies
- Escrow FAQs
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Manual in procedural language as a template for developing your own escrow procedures
- Audit procedures for escrow requirements
- Sample checklists to test disclosure content
- Employee training log
- NEW: Interactive Quiz to measure staff learning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, lending personnel, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.