Financial Literacy for Directors Part 1: Introduction to Key Risk Components at a Credit Union
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Understanding the risks, financial statements, key financial ratios, and trends is essential and required for credit union officials in performing their fiduciary role. Part one of this two-part webinar will address the seven major risk categories and begin to translate the numbers into knowledge so you can better understand your credit union’s financial performance. You will learn about the key financial literacy components, including NCUA requirements and an introduction to credit union financial statements.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Exposure to NCUA's financial literacy requirements
- Key financial literacy components of your credit union's financial condition
- The seven major credit union risks
- Understanding of your credit union's financial statements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet detailing the seven major credit union risk categories
- Website links for additional guidance
- Sample financial statement
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
PART 2 STILL AVAILABLE!"Financial Literacy for Directors Part 2:
How to Interpret Key Ratios & Financial Statements"
Thursday, October 19, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for credit union board and Supervisory Committee members.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.