9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Join us for an exceptional session that will update you on many issues facing IRA owners and IRA custodians. Current information, interpretations, and best practices will be included in this practical, easy-to-understand session. Are you following the latest IRS guidance on withholding and reporting regarding payments from IRAs to state unclaimed-property funds? Do you understand your responsibilities to monitor and calculate required minimum distributions versus required beneficiary death distributions? Which IRA transactions require written documentation by the IRA owner? Join us for this lively session to increase your awareness and confidence level when dealing with many common, but often misunderstood, IRA scenarios.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Types of IRA transactions that require a written irrevocable election by the IRA owner
- Latest IRS guidance on payments from an IRA to a state’s unclaimed property division
- Requirements for properly disclaiming IRA assets
- How to properly handle various scenarios surrounding IRS levies
- When is an IRA exempt from an IRS levy notice?
- Handling distributions versus transfers incident to divorce
- Requirements and best practices when applying federal income tax withholding to IRA distributions
- Withholding notice requirements
- Withholding defaults and reporting requirements for recipients who are nonresident aliens
- IRA trustee or custodian obligations regarding the RMD notice
- RMD calculation for an IRA owner versus the owner of a beneficiary (inherited) IRA
- How to properly report and determine RMDs for a trust beneficiary
- Identify the requirements that apply to qualified versus nonqualified trust beneficiaries
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide timely guidance to individuals who have IRA operational, compliance, or reporting responsibilities and those who deal face-to-face with IRA owners. This session will also provide managers, registered representatives, and licensed insurance representatives with important practical and compliance-related information.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.