9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Opening and managing accounts for nonresident aliens (NRAs) can seem overwhelming. What kind of identification can be requested? What if the individual doesn’t have a Social Security number? How is earned interest reported at year-end? This informative session will explain how to effectively identify nonresident aliens, conduct enhanced due diligence at account opening, and monitor these high-risk relationships. You will also gain insight into proper tax reporting of NRA accounts and be provided with sample language, tips, and tools to update policies and procedures. Don’t miss this jam-packed webinar!
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Differentiating between resident aliens and nonresident aliens
- Identification documentation at account opening
- Comparing and understanding tax identification number types
- When and how to complete the W-8BEN
- Enhanced due diligence
- Monitoring processes to incorporate into BSA procedures
- Reporting NRA transactions to the IRS
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Reference tool illustrating the difference between resident and nonresident aliens
- Sample NRA language for BSA/AML risk assessment
- Account opening and due diligence documentation
- Sample W-8BEN
- IRS reporting reference guide
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for compliance officers, BSA officers, branch managers, new account representatives, and staff who prepare tax documents.
|"Managing Minor Accounts: Withdrawals, Transfers, CDD, Closing & Best Practices"
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.