Wednesday, May 3, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Since October 3, 2015, mortgage lenders have been under the CFPB’s TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) requirements for applications. This operational experience has resulted in a certain comfort level with the TRID disclosures. However, it is important for audit, quality control, and compliance purposes to review the numerous questions and uncertainties regarding how to properly complete the Loan Estimate.
For TRID, the first step to reducing compliance risk and minimizing tolerance violations is to ensure the Loan Estimate is accurate and complete. This webinar will examine the Loan Estimate line-by-line and pay particular attention to the differences in purchase, refinance, and home-equity transactions. Additionally, the requirements for both fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages will be addressed. Sample and annotated model forms will be used to demonstrate disclosure requirements in specific situations. This training will revisit the specific disclosure requirements of the Loan Estimate and provide a refresher on formatting, rounding, terminology, and other content requirements. (Note: A line-by-line review of the Closing Disclosure will be provided during the webinar mentioned below.)
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Line-by-line review of the Loan Estimate disclosure requirements
- Loan Estimate variations based on transaction specifics
- Analysis of sample forms to demonstrate compliance
- Tips for pinpointing regulatory sections for additional research and confirmation
- Analysis of required calculations and disclosure obligations
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Guide for understanding Loan Estimate requirements
- Sample Loan Estimate forms and annotated forms showing regulatory and legal citations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
PART 2 STILL AVAILABLE!"Revisiting TRID Line-by-Line Part 2: Closing Disclosure"
Thursday, June 8, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance staff, and audit teams. Having representatives from each department will ensure everyone is on the same page regarding the Loan Estimate disclosure requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.