9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Safe deposit boxes are an important service provided by your financial institution. They are a source of additional revenue and a way to enhance accountholder relationships. However, safe deposit box operations are unique and sometimes mysterious. The improper handling of a safe deposit box can result in unforeseen liability of tremendous proportions. This webinar will cover everything you need to know to properly handle safe deposit boxes, including the initial agreement, collecting rent, drilling, and escheatment of box contents to the state.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Your institution’s obligations and responsibilities for safe deposit boxes
- Proper procedures to grant access
- What to do when the rent is delinquent
- What to do when the sole owner or one joint owner dies
- Drilling procedures
- Proper escheatment of box contents
- Avoiding common mistakes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Safe deposit box policy checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Dealing with Dormant Accounts, Unclaimed Property & Escheatment"
Thursday, April 5, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff involved with safe deposit boxes including officers, frontline staff, operations personnel, compliance officers, attorneys, and managers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.