If you think getting a reluctant borrower to make payment arrangements on a past due account is your biggest challenge in collections, think again! Recent litigation and enforcement actions have highlighted the immense risk facing the collections function. Besides lending, no operation area has undergone greater regulatory transformation.
Both regulators and litigators have been keenly focused on efforts to collect past due accounts and recover collateral. At the heart of the scrutiny is increased emphasis on consumer protection from the CFPB and the rising tide of lender liability lawsuits. From fair lending, to the risks of using automated reminder calls, to servicing real estate loans, it is a dangerous world for the unprepared collections department. This webinar will review the landmines inherent in collection efforts and the impact they have on operations, vendors, and borrowers. Join us to learn immediate action steps to ensure your institution is prepared for the added scrutiny.
Recorded Thursday, January 14, 2016
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Compliance risk in collections
- Collection-related laws, rules, and regulations
- Most common collections landmines
- Basic compliance audit considerations for collections
- Lessons learned from recent class action lawsuits and enforcement actions
- Best practices to avoid costly compliance violations and maintain recoveries
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Resource guide for collections compliance
- Recent regulatory guidance
- Basic collections audit and quality assurance program requirements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, collection managers, collectors, compliance officers, internal auditors, lenders, vendor oversight staff, and anyone involved with collections and compliance.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.