10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
There are significant changes for HMDA coverage and new data fields beginning January 1, 2018. However, financial institutions will still operate under the existing rules for the 2017 data reported by March 1, 2018. The rules for reporting the data haven’t changed, however, the method for validating and submitting the data has changed significantly. Financial institutions must address all edits prior to submitting the data collected in 2017. The web-based edit report provided by the CFPB’s HMDA platform will address syntactical, validity, quality, and macro-quality edits.
Regulators can assess civil money penalties and require institutions to scrub and resubmit data for HMDA reporting errors. How can these penalties and headaches be avoided? What does your HMDA data tell the regulators and the community about potential fair lending issues?
This webinar will cover the basic requirements for accurate 2017 HMDA data collection and provide an overview of the technical reporting requirements. Learn how to use tools that will streamline your efforts, find potential reporting errors, and identify fair lending red flags.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview of HMDA requirements for 2017 activity
- Who reports HMDA data?
- What types of loans are covered and what data is reported?
- How and when is the data reported?
- “Pain points” and the top 10 HMDA reporting mistakes, including solutions for accurate reporting
- Properly reporting data in the 26 required fields on the Loan Application Register (LAR)
- Common reporting mistakes and practical tips for managing the process
- Overview of the revised submission method for 2017 data, “authorized representative” requirements to certify the data is accurate and complete, and highlights of the August 2017 FIG (Filing Instructions Guide) changes, including using a “variable-width, pipe delimited text file”
- HMDA data analysis process for fair lending purposes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- HMDA worksheets and flowchart for 2017 activity
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and important tips to avoid mistakes
- HMDA compliance resources, including checklists for submission and fair lending
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Fair Lending Challenges for HMDA Data Rule Changes:
Expanded Data Fields & Lending Practices"
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants and processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.