9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Confused on whether a check is an ARC, BOC, RCK, RDC, ECI, IRD, or just an old-fashioned check? Can’t remember the return timeframe for different items? Although the consumer believes he or she is writing traditional checks, sometimes merchants convert these items into electronic checks, leaving financial institutions to decipher which rules to follow. This webinar will explore the difference between check conversions and check presentments, including the existing ACH Rules and new Regulation CC requirements. You will also learn the risks and benefits associated with newer technologies like ACH check conversion, mobile RDC, and electronically created items.
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP credits.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Examination of the various ways that check items can be presented and cleared through the ACH network and the check clearing network
- Define acronyms, including ARC, BOC, RCK, RDC, ECI, and IRD
- Difference between returning an item presented as a check and a source document presented as an ACH transaction
- Key provisions of Regulation CC final amendments to prepare for implementation by July 1, 2018
- Duplicate indemnity for mobile remote deposit capture according to Regulation CC updates
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Check/ACH item comparison chart
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Top 25 Things to Know About Reg CC Changes Before July 1, 2018"
Thursday, April 19, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit ACH and check professionals, audit/compliance staff, and payments operations personnel.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.