10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Does it ever seem you need a secret decoder ring to convert business tax returns to cash flow? This session will help take the mystery out of Partnership and S-Corp tax returns so you can identify real cash flow quickly and accurately.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Find the real cash flow from a Form 1065 (Partnership) and a Form 1120-S (S Corporation) tax return
- Understand what a ‘pass through’ entity is and how it affects tax reporting and cash flow
- Identify how much the owners are taking out of the business in salaries, dividends/distributions, and loans
- Convert an accrual basis tax return to cash basis
- Learn how to read the Schedule K-1 to identify cash flow
- Distinguish between phantom income and real cash flow
To qualify a business borrower for a loan, you need to be able to determine the cash flow of the business entity (or entities) involved. Tax returns were designed to report taxable income, not cash flow. Partnerships and S-Corps are pass-through entities, meaning that they do not pay taxes directly. Instead, they pass the taxable income through to the owners’ individual tax returns. Your job is to disentangle all the passed-through incomes, reassemble them for the business, then determine what cash flow will be used as qualifying income.
Overestimating income from a tax return may lead to the approval of a weak loan that could cost your institution hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses. Underestimating income can lead you to deny loans that should be approved, resulting in missed opportunities to grow your loan base. This session will help take the mystery out of Partnership and S-Corp tax returns so you can identify real cash flow quickly and accurately.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone in the lending area including chief lending officers, loan officers, loan underwriters, loan sales officers, credit analysts, loan processors, branch managers, CEOs, and other key staff in the lending process.
- Participants will receive the 2021 Lenders Tax Analyzer for S Corps and Partnerships. This interactive cash flow calculator will help you quickly and easily convert a Form 1065 or 1120-S into a cash flow report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Calculating Cash Flow from Corporate Tax Returns"
Thursday, January 28, 2021
"Determining Cash Flow from Personal Tax Returns Part 1:
Form 1040, Schedules B & C"
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
"Determining Cash Flow from Personal Tax Returns Part 2:
Schedules D, E & F"
Thursday, March 4, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.