9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
How will your overdraft program fare during the next examination? Attend this “checkup” to learn today’s overdraft hotspots and how to assess your program’s compliance and veracity – before the examiners do.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the regulations, guidance, and regulatory environment
- Authorize positive/settle negative
- Define what “good funds” are
- Distinguish average balance from ledger balance
- Explain fees per item per time
- Judge whether your overdraft program would pass an exam – based on regulatory hotspots and how the rules are being interpreted
- Comprehend the implications of Reg E, Reg DD, state laws, and pertinent guidance
- Assess your policy, procedures, fees, and marketing
- Discuss current issues related to fair and unfair trade
- Answer frequently asked questions about overdraft programs
- Expound on the importance of consistent fees
It’s 2020 and the examiners are expected next month. Will your financial institution pass the test? This program is designed to provide an update and the steps needed to complete an overdraft service checkup on your program before examiners arrive. Whether your system is automated or ad hoc, there are some themes and specifics examiners will target this year. Join us for a look at litigation, federal laws, state law issues, and other overdraft “hotspots” in this regulatory environment. It continues to be shifting sand.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit those responsible for implementing a fair, compliant overdraft program, including compliance personnel, deposit operations staff, and management.
- Supplement with regulations and lawsuits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.