ACH for P2P Transfers: Perils & Protections
StreamedMar 15, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Person-to-person transfers are now a reality and becoming more mainstream.
What can go wrong and what are the remedies? How much risk is involved? Don’t miss this prime opportunity to learn the ins and outs of P2P transfers via the ACH Network, including the recently updated FAQs from the CFPB.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List the different types of P2P payment options
- Explain the rules that govern P2P payments
- Understand what is and is not an error
- Explain your role in the error resolution process
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations
- Summarize the December 13, 2021, CFPB updates as they pertain to P2P payments
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP credits.
Some of today’s most common payment questions pertain to consumer person-to-person (P2P) transfers via the ACH Network and third-party payment applications. Most often, these questions are about fixing something that went wrong. These problems include fraud, incorrect account numbers, and buyer’s remorse – all of which can result in losses for your institution. This topic is even more consequential because the CFPB recently issued updated FAQs that highlight the importance of the financial institution’s role in the error resolution process. Don’t miss this chance to learn about the unique features of P2P transfers via the ACH Network, including:
- ACH rules for P2P entries
- Unique ACH format requirements
- Risk management
- Common errors and unauthorized transactions
- The financial institution’s responsibility for error resolution
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is ideal for ACH operations personnel, audit and compliance staff, and AAP candidates.
- Link to the CFPB FAQ document
- Electronic copy of Macha’s Quick Reference Guide to Initiating ACH Transfers
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC