The Green Book & Government Payments Explained
StreamedFeb 10, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Government payments are a category unto themselves.
The Green Book is the Fount of Knowledge for direct deposit government payments, returns, garnishment limitations, reclamations, and more. Learn how this important resource has evolved and how to limit your institution’s potential liability.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Locate and identify protected federal benefit payments in response to a garnishment order
- Explain the Fiscal Service’s process for tracing federal payments
- Determine when a payment must be returned to the originating federal agency
- Differentiate the obligations for reclamation of a federal ACH benefit payment versus non-federal
- Distinguish which federal payments are/are not subject to reclamation
- Limit your financial institution’s liability for post-death federal benefit payments
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP credits.
Since 1975, the Green Book has offered guidance on the acceptance of federal government payments via direct deposit. As the ACH Network has evolved, so too has the Green Book, which now provides guidance on direct deposit enrollment, garnishment limitations on protected federal benefits, handling claims of non-receipt, and the impact of returning a federal benefit payment.
In addition to these subjects, the Green Book also provides direction on reclamation of federal benefit payments. To limit potential liability, financial institutions must be careful when handling post-death federal benefit payments and reclamation requests. Due to important updates in 2020 and 2021, institutions are encouraged to review the current version of the Green Book to ensure their policies and procedures coincide with statements from the Bureau of the Fiscal Service and the Department of the Treasury. This presentation will examine today’s Green Book and the most-recent guidance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is appropriate for all personnel, including frontline staff, service representatives, operations staff, and senior management.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC