Advanced Beneficiary & RMD Considerations
StreamedJul 19, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Managing IRA beneficiary designations and explaining allowable distribution options to IRA beneficiaries may be the most complex areas of administering IRA programs
This session will explain the trifecta of the beneficiary designation rules, the new SECURE Act distribution requirements, and the recently issued Proposed Required Minimum Distribution Regulations.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
the new beneficiary payout options and RMD requirements under the SECURE Act
and the proposed required minimum distribution regulations issued in February
- The new annual distribution requirement for beneficiaries under the 10-year rule
- The expanded definition of an “eligible designated beneficiary”
- New RMD calculation rules for certain older “eligible designated beneficiaries”
- The new deadline for a spouse beneficiary to treat an IRA as their own
- Changes to IRA RMD aggregation rules
- Determine which types of IRA beneficiaries have lost the “stretch IRA” option because of the SECURE Act
- Review sample quick reference beneficiary distribution charts
- Identify required responsibilities versus best practices when assisting IRA owners and beneficiaries with required distribution amounts and deadlines
- Properly calculate IRA RMDs and beneficiary required death distributions
This session will provide a timely, detailed discussion of the rules surrounding beneficiary designations, the new distribution requirements under the SECURE Act, and the recently issued Proposed Required Minimum Distribution Regulations. This session will provide the most up-to-date information needed to fully understand the impact of recent guidance when handling IRA required minimum distribution and beneficiary death distribution requests.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This important webinar is well suited for all staff involved with IRA accounts, including service representatives, operations personnel, compliance staff, and administrative personnel. Management, trust department staff, and those licensed for insurance and securities will also benefit from this important session.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC