Ag Lending Compliance
StreamedApr 28, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
What makes a farm a farm for lending purposes?
Would you believe only $1,000 in annual sales? With so many possibilities and potential products, ag loans just might be the answer for many borrowers. Intrigued?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the key regulatory areas that impact agriculture loans, including ECOA, HMDA, Flood Disaster Protection Act, RESPA, and Truth in Lending Act
- Understand the importance of documenting the ag-related purpose
- Explain the requirements of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- Recognize the red flags for ag fraud
- Establish initial and ongoing due diligence of ag borrowers using the tools provided
Agriculture. Everyone knows the meaning of the word. But when an applicant presents unique circumstances, can you accurately determine whether the request meets an ag exemption or should be handled as a consumer loan? As Americans build barndominiums, grow flowers and produce for the local farmer’s market, and purchase farms for country living, it is important for lending staff to understand how to apply compliance regulations to ag-related loan requests and know when an ag exemption is available. The US Department of Agriculture defines a farm as any place from which $1,000 or more worth of agricultural products are produced and sold during a given year. Therefore, even if you are not your institution’s ag lender, it is highly likely that you will encounter a loan application that includes some agricultural aspect.
This webinar will delve into the consumer compliance regulations and specifically focus on definitions and exemptions that relate to agriculture. As more and more people become involved in nontraditional agricultural activities, it is imperative that these lending requests are properly processed. Having spent her whole life on a working farm, presenter Molly Stull can speak from experience as she explains regulatory compliance requirements in the context of the agriculture industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lenders, loan processors, and compliance officers who work to serve the agricultural community.
- Worksheet to determine the required amount of flood insurance
- Ag-related references
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC