Alphabet Soup for Lenders: Reg X & RESPA
StreamedJan 29, 2021Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are RESPA and Reg X compliance top-of-mind at your institution?
They should be. Regulators continue to focus on kickbacks, notifications, and escrow procedures in their exams.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain Section 8’s prohibition against kickbacks and unearned fees
- Determine what constitutes an affiliated business arrangement
- Know when to provide the Homeownership Counseling Notice
- Identify the mortgage servicing rules that govern escrow accounts and servicing transfers
- Understand the requirements specific to a borrower delinquent on a mortgage loan
Join Regulatory Compliance Counsel Michael Christians for a 60-minute discussion of the requirements imposed by the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and Regulation X. During the session, participants will learn about the scope and coverage of RESPA, including the statute’s prohibition against kickbacks and unearned fees, as well as notification requirements in connection with servicing transfers and force-placed insurance. In addition, this session will cover the procedural requirements in connection with escrow accounts and Regulation X’s protections for delinquent mortgage borrowers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed specifically for loan originators, loan processors, back office personnel, and compliance and audit professionals.
- Desktop quick reference guide to RESPA and Regulation X
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC