Appraisal Requirements: A Comprehensive Regulatory Summary
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
With so many appraisal guidelines and regulations, compliance can be challenging.
- Use interagency guidelines for reviewing appraisals and valuations
- Define the exceptions for obtaining a formal appraisal
- Explain the fair lending concerns regarding property valuations
- Distinguish between what constitutes an appraisal versus a valuation
- Understand the safe harbor provisions for valuation independence
- Determine when appraisal notices and copies of valuations must be provided
Appraisal fair lending issues, court orders, and enforcement actions have been in the news lately. This webinar will cover what you need to know about the appraisal and valuation process. When lending on real property, it is important for the creditor to determine the value of the property – largely to ensure the loan amount is appropriate and, in some circumstances, to ensure the loan amount is safe in the event of a foreclosure. Numerous laws and regulations come into play, so it is important to understand how they affect your work, including ordering an appraisal, conducting a formal valuation review process, knowing when a formal appraisal is not required (saving time and money!), and what to do if there appears to be coercion or mischaracterization of value.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, underwriters, staff responsible for reviewing or conducting appraisals or valuations, compliance professionals, and auditors.
- Online resource links for regulatory guidance documents
- Appraisal checklist and sample fair lending policy
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits