Appraisal Reviews: Do You Know What to Look For?
StreamedSep 21, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
A key element of any loan decision is a sound appraisal that truly depicts the market valuation at the time of the loan.
Both compliance and safety and soundness examiners are carefully scrutinizing appraisals – from policies, to procedures, to independent appraisal ordering, to appraisal reviews and more. Are your policies and procedures up to date? How will your procedures stack up to examiners’ expectations?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the appraisal rule and USPAP requirements
- Discover examiner expectations for your appraisal policy and review process
- Distinguish when a full appraisal is required (versus an evaluation)
- Implement a strong appraisal review process for real estate appraisals
- Recognize potential fair lending issues with automated valuation models
- Use the provided tools to thoroughly review a real estate appraisal
It is essential that financial institutions employ effective, independent appraisal and evaluation processes within the lending function. Appraisers engaged to conduct appraisals and evaluations should have the knowledge and expertise to perform reviews in accordance with regulatory guidance and sound banking standards. Appraisals need to be independently assessed to ensure the quality is commensurate with the complexity of the subject property and risk of the transaction.
This session will delve into a sample residential loan appraisal and identify what you need to look for and what may cause concern. You’ll be guided through sample written policy, procedures, and checklists, and learn how to identify and correct common mistakes made during the review process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations staff, compliance officers, and anyone responsible for ordering and reviewing appraisals at your institution.
- Real estate appraisal checklist
- Real estate appraisal review checklist
- Sample real estate evaluation
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Dawn's presentation and knowledge was exceptional."
- Luke, Idaho Central Credit Union
"Content covered, Q&A session, no technology issues, confident delivery."
- Jesse, Idaho Central Credit Union
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC