Board-Approved Policies: Managing, Updating, Record Retention & More
StreamedMar 10, 2022Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Where does staff go to find a board-approved policy?
Is there a central “vault”? Is it electronic? How will they know they’ve found the latest version? Who updates and manages them all? Do you have a catalog or curator? This issue is important to the board, management, and all employees. This webinar will provide tips and tools to streamline your process.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the importance of communicating board-approved policy changes
- Recognize critical policy identification information
- Maintain version control of a policy
- Develop an annual policy review schedule
- Quickly identify policy changes
Does your job description include managing board-approved policies? While it may seem like a simple task, it requires knowledge and action to maintain a well-organized library of board-approved policies. This webinar will include tips and tools to assist with managing the numerous policies that must be updated and approved by the board annually. Policies must be readily available and accurately document the board’s expectations in order to guide staff in fulfilling their responsibilities. The role of the policy librarian is critical and requires a well-organized process.
This webinar will address how to manage the annual review process and provide suggestions on how to easily recognize changes, maintain version control, and communicate policy updates to applicable staff. In addition, tips on formatting, inclusion of critical content, and a record-retention process will be shared. Join us to gain tips and tools designed to streamline the continuous process of maintaining a library of board-approved policies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will best suit employees responsible for updating and maintaining the library of board-approved policies, such as the compliance officer, operations manager, or board secretary.
- Sample list of board-approved policies
- Examples of board policy formats
- Annual review schedule template
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC