Board-Level Policies: What Is Required & Why
StreamedApr 21, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
It sounds simple enough: policy, procedure, practice, and performance are the backbones of your financial institution’s operations.
Each element must be sound and coordinated with the others to ensure peak performance and regulatory compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Appreciate the critical elements of a policy
- Distinguish board-level versus departmental policies
- Maintain a compliant policy library
- Define required board-level policies
- Follow best practices in policy management
An essential element of risk management is a critical understanding of the role of policies, from board action to creation to implementation. But what exactly is a policy and how do you ensure the right ones are in place for your institution’s “size and complexity”?
From investments to lending and anti-harassment to information security, your policies are only as strong as their craftsmanship and deployment. This session will explore the basics of policies, from creation to amendment to retirement. Join former general counsel, David Reed, as he takes an enlightening look at which policies are required by regulation, explains the difference between operational policies and board policies, and offers best practices for maintaining a perfectly perfected policy pool.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors, executives, senior management, compliance staff, lending personnel, finance staff, internal auditors, and anyone involved in risk management.
- Sample policy resource guide
- Required board-level policy checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC