CDD: Creating an Effective Program from the Frontline to the Backroom
StreamedAug 3, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
CDD is a crucial aspect of BSA – but there’s much more to the fifth pillar than that! This informative program will cover all the aspects, challenges, and requirements.
Join us to get the keys to the BSA kingdom for customer due diligence, beneficial ownership, risk profiles, and monitoring.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Navigate the gray areas of identifying beneficial owners
- Get the information you need without sacrificing the accountholder experience
- Initiate event-triggered account reviews to ensure beneficial ownership and risk profile information is current and conforms to regulatory standards
- Audit your CDD program to prepare for the next exam
- Review the new SSN verification (eCBSV) service to determine if your institution should enroll
- Understand the impact of the AML Act of 2020 on the future of CDD requirements
When you think of CDD, you probably go right to the beneficial ownership requirements. But BSA’s fifth pillar is comprised of four core elements:
- Customer identification and verification
- Beneficial ownership identification and verification
- Development of a customer risk profile
- Ongoing monitoring
These regulatory essentials significantly impact the account opening process, adding additional steps and affecting the due diligence required. This session will provide effective ways to gather and verify beneficial owner information and present best practices for obtaining information to establish the account’s purpose and anticipated activity. Acquiring this data is just part of the process. What is done with the information once you have it? How do you know when something is outside the “norm”? What triggers require an update to the information on file? Join this jam-packed session to learn solutions to the hurdles encountered in meeting the CDD rule requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit new accounts staff, branch managers, loan officers, loan processors, BSA/AML officers, and compliance officers.
- Beneficial ownership calculator
- Sample CDD policy language
- Sample accountholder risk profile
- Sample business accountholder questionnaire
- Sample high-risk accountholder review form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC