Construction Loan Nuts & Bolts: Documentation, Sample Scenarios & Avoiding Errors
May 16, 2022
DateMay 16, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are you detail driven? That tendency is very beneficial when dealing with construction loans.
This detailed nuts-and-bolts program will traverse the construction loan process, employ sample scenarios, reveal best practices, and expose compliance potholes.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify compliance areas unique to construction loans
- Define and implement controls to mitigate your construction loan risks
- Understand closing methods for single- and separate-close transactions
- Manage the administration of construction loans
- Prepare consumer disclosures in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Detail the procedures for testing and auditing construction loan files
Over the last several years the thickness of an average loan file has grown from being measured in millimeters to inches. This is especially true for residential construction loans. Compliance staff are often responsible for reviewing these loan files either during the underwriting and approval process or in the days after the loan is closed. But with so many regulations governing loan compliance, where exactly should the focus be? What documents need to be in these files and what are the important things to verify on each?
This webinar will start with a discussion of the unique risks and features associated with construction lending and address the requirements for both the single- and separate-close construction loans and permanent-phase closings. It will walk through the construction loan process with sample loan scenarios and review best practices for managing draw requests. This program will cover how to avoid mistakes, dive into the guidance, and review common errors when preparing construction loan documentation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Sample inspection request form
- Sample construction loan file checklist
- Sample commercial real estate file checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC