Financial Literacy Fundamentals for New Directors: Financial Statements, Key Ratios & How to Monitor Your Credit Union
StreamedMay 26, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know why CAMELS matters?
Are you familiar with key financial indicators and what they tell you about your credit union? Join this fact-filled webinar to gain a better understanding of how to monitor whether your credit union is on track, improving, or weakening.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comprehend the basic building blocks of financial statements
- Learn why CAMELS matters – and not just from a regulatory standpoint
- Identify the most important items for directors to watch
- Understand your spread analysis and ROA
- Realize the importance of capital
- Understand and watch key ratios
- Recognize different business models
How's your credit union doing? As a board member, you have an obligation to know and understand how your credit union performs financially. As a director, you are responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars of members’ money. It makes sense that you understand how your credit union is doing before anyone has to tell you.
NCUA Regulation 701.4(b)(3) requires that federal credit union board members are financially literate, able to understand their credit union’s balance sheet and income statement, and “ask appropriate, substantive questions of management.” That said, it also makes sense that board members of state-chartered CUs should understand their financial situation as well. Join us to gain a better understanding of how to monitor whether your credit union is on track, improving, or weakening.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely webinar will benefit board members, including associate and new directors, Supervisory Committee members, and other credit union volunteers and staff who wish to understand their credit union’s financial big picture.
- Financial dashboard for your board packet to help directors see trends and expectations in key areas
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I enjoyed the real-life examples and analogies that make this presentation accessible to people who are on not in this field."
-Kany, Expedition Credit Union
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC