Introduction to US Banking & the Payments System
StreamedApr 2, 2018Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The quicker you learn, the more effective you will be, and the more your employer will notice.
This webinar will provide a better understanding of the industry and your financial institution, making you a more well-rounded employee.
- Brief primer on the history of financial institutions
- Banks, credit unions, thrifts, and non-bank financial entities
- Supervision and regulation of credit unions
- The role of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), FFIEC, Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, and NCUA – who regulates whom?
- What products/services do credit unions offer?
- How do financial institutions make money?
- The payments system: check collection/return process – from both the front- and back-of-house perspectives
- Where checks go after the transaction
Whether you are new to banking or have worked at a financial institution (FI) for some time, it is crucial to understand your role in the big picture. This webinar will provide a foundational understanding of the banking system from its beginning, the various types of financial entities, and the role of regulatory agencies. The course will then introduce the FI’s payments system and go through the check collection and return process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to new frontline employees and will provide a better understanding of how the US banking system functions.
- Cheat sheet of acronyms
- List of primary regulatory agencies and authority
- Check collection process diagram to visualize the life of a check
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC