Checking Account Signature Cards: CIP, IRS & Disclosures
StreamedJul 28, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Signature cards are still a “thing” and still have lasting legal ramifications.
Numerous compliance regulations apply to consumer deposit accounts, so it’s important to know your stuff about CIP, IRS reporting, disclosures, and more. Join us to learn about the top issues and proactively mitigate loss at your institution.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Give proper disclosures depending on ownership type
- Understand the CIP rules
- Distinguish between IRS requirements for US persons and nonresident aliens
- Appreciate the importance of correct ownership and signatories
- Avoid signature card danger zones
This is an opportunity to learn about all the compliance issues for consumer deposit accounts. From CIP to disclosures, many errors are made on basic account ownership. This webinar will focus on the big three – individual, joint, and payable on death. Learn about titling, IRS reporting, rights at death, signers, signature cards, and all the ins and outs of getting consumer accounts correct.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit staff in the following departments: new accounts, personal bankers, branch staff, deposit operations, deposit compliance, branch administration, and training.
- New account handbook
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC