Handling Reg E Disputes Confidently & Compliantly
StreamedOct 19, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Reg E is a complex set of rules and deadlines that must be adhered to when responding to accountholder claims.
Resolving claims can be tricky because the rules differ depending on what type of card/access device was used. Learn how to expertly determine liability and resolve disputes.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain what constitutes an “unauthorized” transaction under Reg E
- Fulfill your institution’s responsibilities under Reg E to the accountholder within the prescribed timeline
- Calculate your institution’s liability under Reg E, depending on whether or not an ATM/debit card or other access device was used
- Understand what can and can’t be required of accountholders
- Distinguish between when Reg E or the Visa/MC rules apply
Regulation E protects consumers from unauthorized ATM and debit card transactions, which imposes many responsibilities and liabilities on financial institutions. Fraud losses continue to increase from counterfeit ATM/debit cards and the unauthorized use of validly issued ATM/debit cards. Did you know that the Reg E rules differ depending on whether an ATM/debit card or other access device was used in the transaction? This webinar will explain how to properly handle all types of unauthorized ATM/debit card claims and how to accurately calculate the amount, if any, that must be reimbursed to the accountholder.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all deposit personnel, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, attorneys, and compliance staff.
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine your institution’s liability
- Model Reg E disclosures explaining the accountholder’s liability
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC