IRS Reporting, B Notices, Fines & Penalty Letters
StreamedNov 9, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Year-end predictably brings IRS reporting requirements and deadlines.
This timely training will help you master W-9s, W-8BENs, CP2100 and B notices, and comply with FATCA. Now’s the time to master best practices for compliance and efficiency.
- W-9 line-by-line review
- W-9 and FATCA exemption codes
- SSNs, ITINs, and EINs – who needs what
- Reporting on Forms 1099-INT and 1042-S
- How to handle name and TIN mismatches
- CP2100 and B notices and penalty letters with fines
- How the IRS sets up name control files
- Line-by-line instruction on the W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E
- What is a nonresident alien? What if there is no country address?
- FATCA basics and how it impacts your organization
- Documenting GIIN for foreign financial institutions
This program will provide a line-by-line review of IRS Forms 1099-INT and 1042-S and subsequent tax reporting. It will focus on what financial institutions have to do from the tax reporting and documentation standpoint to be prepared for FATCA. The program will also address the impact on 1042-S reporting changes for nonresident aliens. Your job as a withholding agent has never been so important and the forms emphasize your important role in the tax reporting chain that affects this country and accounts for US persons overseas.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is designed for deposit operations staff, deposit compliance personnel, new account representatives, bookkeepers, IRS reporting specialists, and anyone who opens accounts or reports interest to the IRS.
- Withholding manual
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC