Maximizing Recoveries on Charged-Off Loans
StreamedAug 23, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Charge-off doesn’t automatically mean zero recovery. Learn about making and managing a plan to maximize recoveries.
Now is not the time to maintain the status quo in the collections department.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Maximize the timing of charge-offs
- Evaluate in-house versus third-party collections
- Choose the best placement option: agency or law firm
- Track recoveries on charged-off loans
- Understand the impact of the statute of limitations
- Know when to use account recall and re-placement options
Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse, there’s more negative news about a possible recession, additional delinquencies, and charge-offs. Are you ready for the increased charge-off volume and confident you are getting the most from the backend of your loan portfolio? “Out of sight, out of mind” shouldn’t describe your charged-off loans. Just because you declare a loan loss internally, doesn’t mean there should be zero recovery.
With an active combination of in-house effort, collection agencies, and law firms, there are many ways to find money in those “worthless” loans. All you need is a plan and the ability to manage it. This webinar will give you both! From the timing of charge-off, to effective third-party placement details, to the science of tracking and comparing recovery results, this webinar will explore the practical side of charge-off recovery. Join veteran collections attorney David Reed as he reveals lessons learned from over 30 years of collections and bankruptcy experience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, volunteers, CFOs, lending managers, collections managers, collections staff, and anyone interested in maximizing the collections return from charged-off loans.
- Account placement worksheet
- Lifecycle of a charged-off loan
- Regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"A lot of valuable information to soak in. Made me aware to check in on my outside collection people."
- Denise, Thrive Credit Union
"The content was good, and well delivered."
- David, LinnCo Federal Credit Union
"David Reed is the best! I always enjoy his trainings!"
- Ebony Chicago Post Office Employees Credit Union
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC