Mission TRID: Overcoming Examiner-Cited Mistakes
StreamedAug 16, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Don’t let a TRID mistake cost you a citation – or worse.
This is your chance to get the goods on TRID, including loan estimates and closing disclosures. Improve your accuracy (and member service) with this detail-driven webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define which loans are covered by TRID rules
- Describe the requirements for each section of the Loan Estimate (LE) and closing disclosure (CD)
- Distinguish between a loan’s “purpose” under TRID versus HMDA versus URLA
- Explain when a revised LE is necessary
- Understand requirements for both single- and separate-close construction loans and permanent-phase closings
- Review the accuracy of projected payments and other calculations
- Test charges subject to tolerance standards
- Recognize when a corrected CD is required
TRID continues to top the list of examiners’ most-cited violations. The issue may be as small as a missed checkbox or as large as a fee increase that results in a tolerance cure to the borrower. Compliance efforts over the last several years have been devoted to implementing TRID and ensuring disclosures are provided to borrowers in a timely, accurate manner. But TRID rules continue to grow and evolve – and examiners are diving deeper into disclosures and processes to ensure you are providing accurate documents to applicants and borrowers. This session will review sample disclosures for fixed-rate, adjustable-rate, and construction loans. As the documents are reviewed, the speaker will address regulatory requirements, dive into the guidance, and review common errors when completing the LE and CD.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to loan officers, mortgage officers, loan processors, loan operations staff, compliance officers, and internal audit staff.
- TRID tolerance chart
- Formulas to test TRID calculations
- Sample completed forms
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Extremely informative. I haven’t worked with TRID for over 7 years. A great refresher."
-Gina, United Credit Union
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC