Notary Compliance, Including Virtual Notarization
StreamedOct 14, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Ubiquitous, but essential, notaries are the unsung champions of countless transactions and contracts.
Their willingness to assume personal liability for each notarization underscores the importance of compliantly fulfilling their duties. And now there are new rules for electronic, virtual, and remote notarizations. This must-attend session will delve into the details.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand a notary’s basic duties and responsibilities
- Explain the requirements for virtual notarizations
- Distinguish between remote electronic notarization and remote ink notarization
- Define what is allowed for “physical” presence
- Use this training to avoid liability for your notaries and financial institution
Many states have authorized some form of virtual notarizations, and federal legislation has been proposed which would authorize electronic and remote notarizations that affect interstate commerce. It is essential that notaries understand their duties and responsibilities. Individuals assume personal liability when serving as a notary, and their employer (i.e., your financial institution) can also be held liable. This program will teach notaries how to understand and correctly execute their role. In addition, this program will explain the new rules regarding virtual, electronic, and remote notarizations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for all notaries and their managers.
- Websites for each state listing notary requirements
- List of states which permit some form of remote notarizations
- Employee training quiz
- Interactive quiz
PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC