Preparing for Examination Under the Mortgage Servicing Rules
October 12, 2022
DateOct 12, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are your programs effective and up-to-date?
Buried within the avalanche of regulations are very detailed rules governing every aspect of your mortgage servicing and real estate collections programs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify policy requirements
- Understand the small servicer exceptions
- Comply with the requirements for documenting borrower communications
- Follow document retention requirements for loss prevention efforts
- Identify the early intervention requirements
- Communicate loss mitigation options
The mortgage servicing rules govern the timing and content of delinquent borrower contact, as well as the process for communicating loan modification options and timing requirements for the start of foreclosure. Under Truth in Lending and RESPA, there are extensive mortgage collections requirements for institutions that service 5,000 or more real estate loans, but there are hidden requirements for smaller servicers as well. From initiation of the loan to completion of foreclosure, this session will cover the mortgage servicing rules and how to effectively prepare for your next examination.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, real estate lending staff, collections managers, real estate collectors, workout specialists, compliance staff, and internal auditors.
- Rule application chart
- Real estate collections checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC