Record Retention in the Digital Age: What to Keep, When to Destroy, What Holds Up in Court?
July 6, 2022
DateJul 6, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
As technology evolves, so too do record retention guidelines. Do you need to retain originals, or will digital versions do the trick?
Does your staff know the difference? Are your policies up to date with the E-Sign Act requirements? Learn the answers to these questions and more in this practical webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand when an imaged document is legally enforceable and when an originally signed document is required to be retained
- Determine when it is permissible to deliver disclosures, contracts, and statements electronically
- Analyze your financial institution’s operational requirements regarding electronic records
- Develop record retention policies for electronic and imaged documents
- Understand the requirements of the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (i.e., the Federal E-Sign Act)
Although the digital age can make transactions more convenient, it also can make record retention more complicated. Every day, your institution processes numerous electronic documents and records and relies on various imaged documents. Not all imaged documents are treated the same under the law. Do you know which originally signed documents must be retained and which can be destroyed after being imaged? It is more important than ever to understand the rules regarding electronic documents and imaged documents to adequately protect your financial institution.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit and loan personnel, including deposit operations staff, loan operations personnel, retail officers, commercial officers, technology staff, service personnel, attorneys, compliance officers, auditors, managers, and others involved in creating record retention policies and responding to document requests.
- Sample language that that can be added to your existing document retention policy to authorize the use of imaged documents
- Special provisions to obtain consent from consumers for the use of electronic documents
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC