Record Retention Rules for Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack & Other E-Collaboration Platforms
StreamedJul 25, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
If you don’t already have record-retention policies governing Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, and other e-collaboration platforms, you may be an easy mark for regulatory audits, unhappy accountholders, and more.
Learn best practices for how to handle this emerging horizon in the world of record retention.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Establish records rules for Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, and other videoconferencing and meeting tools
- Understand why Zoom is no different than email when it comes to records
- Create policies governing onsite, hybrid, and remote e-collaboration records, content, and use
- Safeguard PII, NPI, and privacy in compliance with GLBA and other government/industry regulators
- Protect e-records with the right archiving, retention, and data-protection technology
- Educate onsite and work-from-home staff about e-records risks, rules, and roles
- Minimize legal and regulatory liabilities by putting best practices to work
Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Slack, and other e-collaboration platforms escalate records risks for financial institutions. You can’t afford to ignore records created, transmitted, and retained by onsite, hybrid, or remote employees using videoconferencing and meeting tools. Mismanaged, misplaced, and missing records are a liability. Over 49% of surveyed employers have faced e-discovery requests for Teams content; 30% have produced Teams evidence during regulatory audits; and 24% have discovered staff using unsanctioned e-collaboration tools to circumvent compliance rules.
You must preserve, protect, produce, and purge records in compliance with federal and state laws, government and industry regulations, and organizational policy. Failure to safeguard PII, NPI, and consumer privacy could trigger regulatory audits, lawsuits, disgruntled accountholders, and decreased revenues. Do not leave e-records retention to chance. Join us to learn best practices for implementing comprehensive policies and procedures governing Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Slack, and other e-collaboration tools. As a bonus, participants will receive a three-part whitepaper designed to help your financial institution implement an e-collaboration and records retention policy program governing these platforms.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for all staff who communicate via videoconferencing and messaging tools, including all those in records management, information governance, legal, compliance, IT, human resources, training, security, management, etc.
- Three-part whitepaper: E-Collaboration Tools & Rules: Policies & Best Practices for the Compliant Management of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Slack & Other Videoconferencing & Meeting Tools
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The presenter was very knowledgeable in the subject content."
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC