Regulatory Update for the Credit Analyst
StreamedFeb 2, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Regardless of economic volatility, it is important to understand regulators’ general expectations for effective credit underwriting and management.
Presenter Bob Viering will share insights based on over 35 years of credit management experience through a wide variety of economic ups and downs and make recommendations based on real-world, practical solutions.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand regulator expectations for credit risk and credit management – specifically for 2023
- Effectively communicate with regulators, including how to disagree professionally
- Proactively adjust your credit underwriting and management before trouble occurs
- Find resources to help you proactively manage the credit process
In a highly regulated industry, it is critical to understand regulatory expectations. These expectations are often influenced by economic factors, so with the current level of inflation and potential for an economic slowdown, it is more important than ever to be in sync with the regulators.
What are regulators most concerned about for 2023? What are their expectations for effective credit management? Can you meet their expectations? This webinar will answer those questions and address how to effectively communicate with regulators, including how to constructively discuss criticisms or disagreements. It will also provide resources to use to stay abreast of regulatory expectations. This webinar will be focused on credit risk and credit management, not on compliance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders, credit analysts, credit department managers, senior loan officers, senior credit officers, loan committee members, loan review personnel, branch managers serving commercial borrowers, chief risk officers, and auditors.
- List of resources to stay abreast of regulatory expectations
- Checklist for preparing for your next examination
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"It was nice to get a different perspective then just a "how to" on analysis. Appreciate the approach from a regulator perspective with increased economic challenges in the current market environment."
- Mike, Whatcom Educational Credit Union
Robert L. Viering
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC