SAR Filing Requirements: When, How & Why
November 3, 2022
DateNov 3, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
SAR filing is on the increase.
Can your team accurately identify when a SAR should be filed? Do they know the evolving hot spots? Join us for this line-by-line review to get the latest information on SARs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Detail examiner expectations for SAR filing
- Describe the field-by-field requirements of the SAR form
- Identify the subject versus the victim
- Establish monitoring procedures to identify potentially suspicious activity
- File accurate SARs for emerging areas of fraud
- Write an effective SAR narrative
- Explain the impact the AML Act may have on your SAR reporting process
In the first eight months of 2022, over one million SARs were filed – a 15% increase from the same period in 2021! Most filings go far beyond reporting a “simple” structuring transaction. With the increase in fraud coming from all angles and channels, and the potential for a change to the SAR form and filing process being dangled by the AML Act of 2020, it’s imperative your SAR decision and filing processes are up to the challenges.
Do you know how to properly complete a SAR for emerging hot spots? How can you maximize SAR’s effectiveness as a vehicle for delivering information to law enforcement? Learn how to write an effective SAR narrative, procedures, and best practices for determining when to file, how to complete a SAR, and what to do after filing. This jam-packed session will ensure your institution is ready to file the next SAR!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to BSA/AML officers, compliance officers, and senior managers.
- Sample SAR completion procedures
- Sample suspicious incident report
- SAR review checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC