The Legal Side of Remote Deposit Capture: Risks & Liability
StreamedDec 7, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Does the mention of RDC invoke thoughts of avoiding liability and risk?
Maybe it should. Each party involved has specific responsibilities – and potential legal liability. Don’t let poor policies and procedures be your undoing. Expand your knowledge of RDC and learn how to implement the right policies and procedures to reduce your risk.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish the parties involved in the remote deposit capture (RDC) process and the responsibilities of each
- Identify the risks and potential liability to your institution from remote deposit and mobile devices
- Implement prudent policies and procedures to reduce the risk to your institution
- Understand the agreements/disclosures that are legally required, and the additional agreements/disclosures that will provide added protection for your institution
- Explain the differences between remote deposit capture, remotely created checks, and imaged cash letters
You already know how remote deposit capture works, but do you understand the associated risks? This webinar will explain the legal side of RDC, including the potential liability to your institution. It also will analyze the legal agreements you should be using and the disclosures you should be making regarding remote deposit capture. RDC technology is easy compared to the legal aspects involved. Join this webinar to get a handle on the risks, liability, and best practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations personnel, consumer and commercial account managers, compliance officers, security officers, technology personnel, attorneys, and other staff involved with RDC.
- FFIEC’s guidance Risk Management of Remote Deposit Capture
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC