The New ACH Rules on Prenotification & Micro-Entries
StreamedMay 19, 2022Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Expect to see more and more growth in the number of prenotes and micro-entries.
Join us to learn the implications, rights, and requirements under Nacha’s new rules, including initiation, handling, and exceptions.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define a micro-entry according to the Nacha rules
- Understand your obligations for using micro-entries to validate accounts
- Explain the account validation options
- Deal with exceptions correctly
- Distinguish between proper and improper usage of micro-entries
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
With Nacha's new WEB debit account validation rule in place, and the recent passage of related micro-deposits rules, RDFIs can expect to see an increase in the number of micro-entries and prenotes. Do you know your institution’s rights and obligations? This session will explore the proper initiation and handling of micro-entries and prenotes. Properly handling these items can help to reduce the number of future exception items and reduce headaches. This session will cover:
- Definition of micro-entries and prenotes
- Appropriate uses of micro-entries and prenotes
- Returning micro-entries and prenotes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for ACH operations staff, AAP candidates, auditors, and compliance staff.
- One-page quick reference guide on micro-entries
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC