Top 10 IRA Rollover Mistakes
StreamedOct 19, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Learn the most common IRA rollover and transfer mistakes in this easy-to-understand session.
Do you know your responsibilities versus the IRA owner’s responsibilities? This webinar will explain how rollover rules differ depending on whether the distribution originated from an IRA versus an employer-sponsored retirement plan. Current information, interpretations, and best practices will be detailed.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize when the once-every-12-months rollover rule does not apply
- Identify the most common mistakes made when handling employer-plan-to-IRA rollovers
- Properly use important terminology, such as rollovers vs. direct rollovers vs. transfers
- Understand how to avoid costly mistakes when handling inherited (beneficiary) rollovers and transfers
- Identify your responsibilities versus best practices
- Explain the exceptions to the 60-day rollover rule
- Handle in-kind distribution rollovers (distributions of securities and other non-cash assets)
This session will provide the detailed information and reference tools you need to confidently provide IRA owners and beneficiaries with the information necessary to make informed decisions regarding IRA-to-IRA rollovers, employer-plan-to-IRA rollovers, and IRA-to-IRA transfers. Staff who have operational, compliance, or IRA owner interaction will gain valuable insight into the nuances of properly handling and explaining IRA rollovers and transfers. In addition, managers and individuals who hold insurance or securities licenses will gain a thorough understanding of the many rules and their responsibilities. You will also learn the most common pitfalls to avoid when discussing and handling IRA rollovers and transfers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This information-packed webinar will benefit operations, frontline, compliance, managerial, and other staff that deal with IRAs.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC