BSA Officer Part 1: BSA Update for BSA Officers
StreamedJan 11, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
BSA officers are essential to your financial institution’s regulatory compliance and risk mitigation.
They must be aware of the highest-risk areas, including cybercrime, money laundering, human trafficking, marijuana-related businesses, and more. Therefore, it’s critical they receive regular training and status updates. This webinar will provide both!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define your institution’s current BSA/AML risks and the impact of pending BSA regulation and changes
- Apply best practices to identify and monitor high-risk accountholders
- Review updated chapters to the BSA/AML exam manual
- Explain the impact the AML Act may have on your current BSA/AML program
- Understand the highest risk areas facing your institution, including cybercrime, marijuana-related businesses, human trafficking, and cryptocurrency
- Use the information and tools provided to inform management and directors of current and future changes
Managing effective dates and timelines that change in an instant, updating policies and procedures to reflect new requirements, pushing information out to staff members, monitoring accountholder transactions for anything suspicious, and staying informed of the next change, advisory, or piece of guidance are just some of a BSA/AML officer’s many duties. Each day these officers work to manage and implement the many facets of BSA/AML regulation, review guidance, and scan through mountains of monitoring reports – all to protect your financial institution from violations. But since they often wear many hats, it’s easy for a monthly review or that annual report to slip through the cracks.
This session will review recent citations and issues real life BSA officers are experiencing so you can focus your time and efforts. It will also address the importance of communication between the BSA officer and the board in establishing a culture of compliance that meets examiners’ expectations for directors.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA/AML officers, compliance officers, and senior management.
- BSA policy checklist
- Sample BSA/AML quarterly board report
- Sample BSA/AML risk assessment
- Beneficial ownership final rule fact sheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I am new to this but it was very informative."
-Ann, Fannin Federal Credit Union
"I am new to BSA, and this was very helpful."
-Tina, ASE Credit Union
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC