Consumer Account Documentation: Best Practices
StreamedDec 13, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Opening a new account is detail intensive.
There are so many types, so many rules, so much documentation – and innumerable opportunities for mistakes. Up your game by attending this robust webinar that will answer all your account documentation questions and instill best practices.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Grasp CIP and CDD requirements, including documentary and non-documentary identification methods, risk profiles, and tax identification numbers
- Understand required documentation and monitoring procedures for high-risk accountholders
- Distinguish common ownership types and the account titling, ownership, authorities, CIP verification, and tax reporting associated with each
- Explain the importance of the disclosures required at account opening
- Employ the provided tools and charts to make your new accounts process more efficient
Opening even a basic checking account can involve considerable time, paperwork, and risk! Every accountholder’s situation is different and there is often uncertainty about account ownership, required identification, and how to conduct appropriate due diligence. It can be daunting to meet regulatory requirements, make consumers aware of your institution’s products and services, and provide a positive service experience throughout the process. This jam-packed session will dissect consumer account opening compliance issues, go through the account opening operation from start to finish, and provide loads of tools to incorporate into your process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new accounts personnel, deposit operations staff, branch managers, and compliance officers.
- Detailed tables for each consumer account type reviewed
- Sample risk profile form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC