2022 HMDA Submission Due March 1, 2023: Updates, Challenges & Real-Life Examples
StreamedJan 25, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Confused about HMDA reporting? You’re not alone.
The real-life examples used in this timely webinar will help clarify the confusion on the top five issues – before the March 1 reporting deadline.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Submit the 2022 data with added confidence and improved data integrity
- Effectively use the HMDA resources in the CFPB’s 2022 FIG (Filing Instructions Guide)
- Interpret several confusing issues such as what is and isn’t a dwelling, mixed-use property scenarios, and complex demographic information collection
- Explain how to handle quality edits
- Understand clarifications for complicated data points
HMDA reporting continues to be a challenge for many financial institutions. Most importantly, this public data can be scrutinized for potential discriminatory practices that can challenge your financial institution’s reputation. Join this fast-paced webinar to learn about issues that challenge HMDA reporters and receive valuable tools to submit your 2022 HMDA data by March 1, 2023. The presentation will include citations, tips, and real-life examples. You will learn important information about the causes of reporting errors, including these top five issues:
- Secondary market reporting rules
- Dwelling definitions and mixed-use property scenarios
- Demographic information collection tips
- Reporting tips for applications made in the commercial loan area
- Data integrity challenges – submission and resubmission steps
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all employees who need to understand and manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, IT support staff, and auditors.
- HMDA worksheets and flow chart for 2022 activity, including updated resources from the CFPB
- Lists of data fields for each data point
- Helpful HMDA compliance resources, including checklists for submission and fair lending considerations
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC