This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Can you identify an unauthorized EFT? Is provisional credit in order? If so, how much and by what deadline? Being able to confidently handle these issues is important to both your financial institution and your accountholder. Join us to learn the ins and outs of Reg E’s requirements for investigations, provisional credit, and consumers’ rights.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what constitutes an “unauthorized” transaction for purposes of provisional credit under Reg E
- Distinguish between what you can and can’t require of the consumer before giving provisional credit
- Explain the specific deadlines for completing an investigation and providing provisional credit
- Determine the proper dollar amount of provisional credit as required by Reg E
- Employ best practices for providing provisional credit under Reg E
Regulation E protects consumers from unauthorized electronic fund transfers (EFTs). It requires financial institutions to investigate alleged unauthorized EFTs and provide provisional credit to accountholders within specific deadlines. But many questions arise.
Is your institution obligated to conduct an investigation even though the accountholder won’t cooperate? Must provisional credit be provided within the standard deadlines even if you haven’t received sufficient information from your core processor to conduct an investigation? Are you required to provide provisional credit if the accountholder won’t sign a simple written statement regarding the alleged unauthorized EFT? This webinar will answer all these questions and explain how to determine when your institution is required to provide provisional credit and in what amount.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all deposit operations staff, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, attorneys, and compliance staff.
- Detailed sample form of investigation procedures, including specific deadlines for providing provisional credit
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine the dollar amount of provisional credit
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Reg E & the Electronic Fund Transfer Act"
Thursday, October 6, 2022
"Reg E Investigation & Requirements for Debit Card Error Resolution"
October 20, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.