ACH & P2P Payments: Perils & Protections
StreamedSep 5, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
P2P payments can be perilous and perplexing.
This webinar will address a host of P2P issues, including ACH rules for P2P entries, unique ACH format requirements, risk management, errors and unauthorized transactions, and more! Join us to learn how to avoid problems and losses for your credit union.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List the different types of P2P payment options
- Explain the rules that govern P2P payments
- Understand what is and is not an error
- Describe your role in the error resolution process
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
P2P or person-to-person payments are some of the riskiest transactions a financial institution can initiate. As a result, the most common questions Macha receives regarding consumer P2P transfers via the ACH Network have to do with fixing something that went wrong. These problems include fraud, incorrect account numbers, and buyer’s remorse – any of which can result in financial losses for your institution. Don’t miss this chance to learn about the unique features of ACH P2P transfers and what you can do to protect your financial institution from losses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is ideal for ACH operations personnel, audit and compliance staff, and AAP/APRP candidates.
- Link to the CFPB FAQs document
- Electronic copy of Macha’s quick reference guide to initiating ACH transfers
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I am always pleased with this speaker and learn something new every time."
- Lisa, Members Source Credit Union
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC