Advanced Financial Literacy for New & Experienced Directors: ALM Primer & Financial Accounting & Risk Issues
StreamedAug 9, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Is asset liability management (ALM) “rocket science”? If your grasp of ALM is still on the launch pad, this webinar will provide everything you need to know to reach stable orbit.
All volunteers, staff, and directors will benefit from learning more about ALM concepts, including credit risk.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comprehend the importance of capital and where it comes from
- Understand more than ever
- Interest rate risk
- Gap analysis
economic value (NEV)
- Credit risk
Asset liability management (ALM) is one of the most important things a credit union director needs to understand. But some call it the “rocket science” of the credit union industry. Why? Because it is very difficult to comprehend. Put simply, it’s just the management of loans and deposits over time in a manner that helps maintain the profit and capital your credit union needs. While ALM is complicated, this course will make it easier and more understandable than ever before. This webinar will illuminate fundamental ALM concepts and explain:
- What tools you can use in ALM
- What those tools tell you
- What questions you may need to ask
- What measurements are important to understand
- What can happen if ALM isn’t managed well
In addition, this program will discuss the new allowance for loan losses methodology, called CECL (current expected credit loss) that goes into effect January 1, 2023.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board and Supervisory Committee members, as well as non-financial managers and staff.
- A free copy of TEAM Resources “Board DashBoard”
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Tim is an excellent presenter! He is engaging, knowledgeable, and very helpful will explaining complex details in a digestible manner. I look forward to attending more of his presentations.
-Philip, Credit Union of New Jersey
"The overall presentation, and the speakers clear explanations."
-Eric, Credit Union of New Jersey
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC