Board Secretary: Documenting Minutes, Corrections & Disagreements
StreamedDec 19, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The board secretary’s dynamic role is critical.
It involves and affects administration of corporate governance, director liability, communication with directors and management, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and maintaining annual documentation, compliance issues, and more. Get the lowdown with this upbeat, detailed program.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Review both the general and specific duties required of a board secretary daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly
- Document board oversight of your institution’s risk management program
- Effectively establish agendas and distribute the board packages
- Track items for board review
- Use provided tips and best practices to craft your board minutes
- Understand the benefits of electronic board packages
The board secretary’s role goes far beyond being the “note taker” at board meetings. The job often entails being the chief organizer, ensuring compliance requirements are met, understanding governance issues, planning meetings, developing reports, and preserving corporate records.
This session will provide the information and tools needed to be a successful board secretary. It will review responsibilities and provide best practices to enhance administration of corporate governance, including establishing an agenda, delivering the board package, scribing contemporaneous meeting notes, and documenting the details in the official minutes. In addition, this webinar will provide guidance and tips for becoming more effective and efficient, provide tools to facilitate success, and detail best practices for documenting “healthy debate” and discussion that occurs during a board meeting.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, senior management, and directors.
- Sample board agendas
- Sample board reporting schedule
- Sample board attendance log
- Sample policy approval schedule
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I highly recommend this webinar for all the board secretaries or board liaisons. The webinar was really well done and the materials will be very helpful."
- Sandra, Digital Federal Credit Union
"This webinar was informative and helped fill in gaps and also brought reassurance that we are handling our Board business well."
- Billie, Partner Colorado Credit Union
"The information was well organized and the handouts were clear and concise. The topics were interesting and current."
- Jackie, Transcend Credit Union
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC