Board Secretary Procedural & Compliance Responsibilities
StreamedDec 1, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Board secretaries hold the keys to the kingdom in their hands.
Their actions or inactions, particularly with board minutes, can expose your financial institution to litigation, loss, and reputational damage. This thorough training will address proper procedure, compliance, and minute-taking.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the responsibilities of a board secretary
- Appropriately document board oversight of your institution’s risk management program
- Efficiently prepare the agendas and board packages
- Track items for board review
- Craft board minutes with the needed details
- Understand the benefits of electronic board packages
The board secretary’s dynamic role is critical. It involves and affects administration of corporate governance, director liability, communication with directors and management, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and maintaining annual documentation, compliance issues, and more.
This session will provide the information and tools needed to be a successful board secretary. It will review responsibilities and provide best practices to enhance administration of corporate governance, including establishing an agenda, delivering the board package, scribing contemporaneous meeting notes, and documenting details in the official minutes. It will also review best practices for documenting “healthy debate” and discussion that may occur during a board meeting. Join us to receive guidance and tips for becoming more effective and efficient and get tools to facilitate success.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, executive assistants, senior management, and directors.
- Sample board agendas
- Sample board reporting schedule
- Sample board attendance log
- Sample policy review schedule
- Sample board training calendar
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC