BSA Overview for Non-Transactional & Support Staff
StreamedJul 20, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Something support employees have in common with directors, officers, accountants, attorneys, and appraisers is that all are subject to BSA compliance – and often involved with SARs.
This webinar will cover everything you need to know to comply with BSA and OFAC – and to identify red flags that could lead to SARs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the importance of BSA and OFAC compliance to your institution and the global financial system
- Identify red flags you encounter at work
- Recognize your institution’s overall compliance responsibility
- Explain how your role contributes to a robust BSA and anti-money laundering/terrorist financing program
- Distinguish between reporting suspicious activity to the BSA team and the actual filing of a suspicious activity report (SAR)
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance is not just for employees who handle accounts and transactions. In fact, SAR reports involving non-transactional employees, directors, and officers at financial institutions accounted for almost 16,000 SARs in 2022 and almost 23,000 in 2021. If you add other insiders such as accountants, attorneys, appraisers, and agents it adds another 1,200 and 1,700 SARs respectively. Your role puts you in a unique position to see things that other employees and management might not be able to see and to recognize things that seem odd or suspicious – whether it be insiders or accountholders. This webinar will provide a basic understanding of the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as it applies to support and administrative staff.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session would best suit receptionists, administrative assistants, mail, facilities - any employee who does not handle accounts or transactions.
- List of red flags for suspicious activities
- Brief summary of components of the BSA and OFAC
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC