HMDA Part 3: Commercial Loans
October 26, 2023
DateOct 26, 2023Duration60 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know which commercial loans are subject to HMDA?
What are the determining factors? What is a dwelling? What about mixed-use dwellings? Have you had reporting violations? Part 3 of this three-part series will focus on HMDA-related commercial loans, reporting compliance, demographic reporting challenges, and more! Scenarios will be used to illustrate key points.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
common reporting problems for commercial loan applications
- Distinguish between covered and excluded applications
- Which structures meet the standard of being a dwelling for HMDA reporting?
- What counts as gross annual income?
- Demographic reporting challenges
- Complexities with mixed-use dwellings which are often used as commercial loan collateral
- Use the CFPB and FFIEC HMDA resources more effectively
- Define the correct loan purpose
- Explain complex HMDA scenarios to lending staff, including new employees
The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) applies to some commercial loans. This webinar will offer a review of the fundamental requirements specific to commercial loan applications, while focusing on the common problem areas that can create reporting violations. Real-life examples and HMDA resources will be referenced to improve training, identify potential reporting errors, and help streamline the process to verify data integrity. Attend all the webinars in this three-part series to gain a broader understanding of HMDA applications, demographic collection, and related commercial loans.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all employees who need to understand and manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations staff, commercial loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
- HMDA flow chart for 2023 activity, including updated CFPB resources
- Tool for gathering demographic Information
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and important reporting tips
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC