SAR Line-by-Line: Compliance & Insight
StreamedFeb 9, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The sheer volume of information requested in a SAR filing can be daunting.
The reports can be detailed, documentation heavy, and subject to scrutiny. Attend this timely webinar to gain insight and learn more about SAR filing.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Determine which parties should be reported as subjects or in the narrative
- Identify words and phrases prohibited anywhere but the narrative portion
- Use FinCEN’s SAR user guide to find detailed SAR instructions
- Define Purchaser/Sender and Payee/Receiver as subject roles in the transaction
- Explain how to reference additional information from the checkboxes within the narrative
- Distinguish between “corrected” and “amended” reports
This webinar will break down each component of a SAR from what goes into the “Filing Note to FinCEN” box to the filer’s contact information and everything in between. Filers often have questions about the “Other” boxes in each section and the correct way to complete them, or when simply checking a box is not enough and they want to provide additional information about the activity.
Participants will be given a list of guidance and advisory documents addressing the reporting of certain suspicious activities, such as human or drug smuggling and trafficking, elder financial exploitation, money mule activity, business and personal e-mail compromise, and benefits fraud, among others.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers and personnel, anyone responsible for BSA compliance and SAR completion, audit, and compliance personnel.
- List of FinCEN advisories and guidance
- Important excerpts from the FinCEN filing instructions
- Key components for completing the SAR narrative
- Internet links to important SAR resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC