Your Consumer Borrower Filed Bankruptcy, Now What? Chapters 7 & 13
StreamedSep 14, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Broke? Uncommunicative? Seemingly out of options?
Is bankruptcy the end of the line for your borrower? Can anything be done to protect your financial institution’s interests? You must act fast to protect your credit union’s options and security interests. Learn the actions and alternatives all lenders should know.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Determine when your institution should file a proof of claim
- Understand the appropriate time to repossess and foreclose on collateral
- Distinguish when a cramdown is permitted
- Explain how to properly complete a reaffirmation agreement
- Understand what your institution can do after the debtor is discharged
- Determine when the debtor can voluntarily agree to pay the lender
The consumer bankruptcy process is complicated, time-consuming, and expensive. Many lenders waste time and money handling bankruptcies because they don’t understand the rules. This webinar will explain the actions that must be taken to protect your financial institution’s interests in each bankruptcy situation. It will cover both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies and will explain all of the bankruptcy processes, including exempt property, fraudulent transfers, preference payments, cramdowns, reaffirmations, and rights of setoff.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful to loan officers, loan operations personnel, credit administration personnel, collectors, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the bankruptcy process.
- Website links to the United States Bankruptcy Court to obtain online forms
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
" I liked the fact that questions were answered immediately following segments of webinar."
- Joe, Blugrass Credit Union
"The webinar was very informative. The speaker read the slides and also gave a lot of examples. I would recommend it to anyone in collections."
- Erica, Clinchfield FCU
"I knew very very little about consumer bankruptcies. This gave a great overview on what a creditors rights are, some of which I did not know."
- Georgia, Chadron FCU
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC